Vampires Of The Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampires Of The Twilight

Beyond the Twilight Horizon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Publication and reception

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadyVampire
Admin
LadyVampire

Publication and reception Empty
PostSubject: Publication and reception   Publication and reception I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:57 am

Publication

Eclipse was published with an initial run of 1 million copies.[8] The book replaced J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the top of bestseller lists around the globe, including the New York Times', even though Deathly Hallows had been released only two and a half weeks earlier.[12] Eclipse peaked at #1 on USA Today's top 150 best sellers list and has gone on to spend over 100 weeks on the list,[13] and was later ranked #45 on their list of "Bestselling Books of Last 15 Years" in October 2008.[14]
Reception

Anne Rouyer of School Library Journal said that, "Meyer knows what her fans want: thrills, chills, and a lot of romance, and she delivers on all counts."[15] Selby Gibson-Boyce of Tulsa World wrote, "I read without stopping until I finished. Meyer's book would not detach itself from my hand. Exactly the same thing happened with Twilight and New Moon."[16] Publishers Weekly wrote, "The legions of readers who are hooked on the romantic struggles of Bella and the vampire Edward will ecstatically devour this third installment of the story", while noting that, "it's unlikely to win over any newcomers."[17]
Back to top Go down

Publication and reception
Page 1 of 1