Vampires Of The Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampires Of The Twilight

Beyond the Twilight Horizon

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Film potential

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadyVampire
Admin
LadyVampire

Film potential Empty
PostSubject: Film potential   Film potential I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:09 am

Summit Entertainment, who created the film adaptation of the first novel in the series, Twilight, announced in November 2008 that they had obtained the rights to the rest of the books in Meyer's series, including Breaking Dawn.[33] Though Summit has not yet officially greenlit the project, stars Robert Pattinson and Ashley Greene stated that there are plans for a Breaking Dawn film.[34][35] Wyck Godfrey, producer of the previous films in the series, said, "We're shooting New Moon, prepping Eclipse, doing all the marketing—it's a little overwhelming to really think in a detailed manner of how we're going to crack this, but we have every intention to [make Breaking Dawn]."[36]

According to Variety, the studio is considering splitting the 754-page book into two films, along the same lines as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.[37] They are also hoping that New Moon director Chris Weitz will return to helm the adaptation, though Godfrey says, "I think everyone would be happy and excited if he came back, but I don't think it's going to happen."[38] Melissa Rosenberg, the screenwriter for the previous films in the franchise, is writing the Breaking Dawn script(s).[38] If two films are made, Summit will have to negotiate new deals with the main cast, Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner, since they are only under contract for four films.[37]

Meyer said she believed Breaking Dawn may be impossible to make into a film due to Renesmee, writing that an actress could not play her because she is a baby but has complete awareness, and that "the one thing that I've never seen is a CGI human being who truly looks real"; however, she went on to state that "they develop amazing new technologies everyday, and we've got a little time left."[3] There are also concerns about making a PG-13 movie adaptation, due to the book's complex and graphic storylines, including the birth of a half-vampire, half-human baby.[37] When talking about Taylor Lautner's next film for Summit Entertainment, producer Wyck Godfrey stated, "Lautner will reprise his role of Jacob in Breaking Dawn beginning in late 2010, and it is likely that the final book will be divided into two films that will shoot back-to-back."[39] They are considering filming in Vancouver beginning in fall 2010.[38]
Back to top Go down

Film potential
Page 1 of 1